The Friends Youth programme helps students to develop resilience by teaching them effective strategies to cope with, problem solve and manage all kinds of emotional distress, including worry, stress, change and anxiety. Skills learned throughout the programme help students both now and in later life.
FRIENDS is an acronym for the skills taught throughout the programme:
· Remember to Relax. Have quiet time.
· I can do it! I can try (Inner helpful thoughts)
· Explore Solutions and Coping Step Plans.
· Now reward yourself! You’ve done your best!
· Don’t forget to practice.
· Smile! Stay calm, Stay Strong and talk to your support networks!
The programme was run by Ms Condren and Ms O'Sullivan. Students were presented with a certificate to celebrate their completion of the programme. We look forward to rolling out the programme to more students next year.